Friday, July 28, 2006

Don't mess with Sai Pi

I remember when Tai Pi was in kindergarten, she got into a catfight with a classmate over a sweet and ended up with a long scratch on her face. Pumpkin, on the other hand, has survived more than 3 years of pre-school without injury and is not known to have caused bodily harm to any of her classmates. And then there is Sai Pi....

Two days back, I was on my way to a company function in the evening when I got a call from KK telling me that Sai Pi had punched one of her classmates earlier in the day. The boy ended up with a swollen eye that had to be treated with ice. Apparently the boy tried to snatch a block from Sai Pi and she gave him the block....in the eye. When I got home, I spoke to Sai Pi and tried to find out if she really did hit her classmate.

Me: Did you hit Justin with a block?

Sai Pi: No.

Me: [whew]

Sai Pi: I use my hand [demonstrates a punching action].

Well, he did try to snatch the block from her....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like Kongkong's (not Charlie's) Angels are all quite capable of protecting themselves from the boys, especially Sai Pi!!!Imagine the boy's eye needed ice treatment. Must have been quite a punch really. Well, can't say that I really approve of such violence when the boy had no intention of molesting her --just trying to get a block from her shouldn't warrant such a harsh punishment. But then how could Sai Pi know the difference between molest and trying to deprive her of something she has! It was quite a natural reaction on her part, so pardonable, Sai Pi.

fuzzoo said...

kong kong: I was worried the boy's parents would be angry but anyway we were told later the boy already had red eyes before that. No the boy wasn't trying to molest her, he was just trying to snatch a block from her and not being a pushover she punched him. Too bad for the boy, she was holding a block and not a stuffed toy. I think Sai Pi is ready for Taekwondo lessons!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Sao pi punched a boy? Wa kow. That should teach the boy not to bully girls in future.

Did his parents kicked up a fuss? I read on another mummy blog that his son scratched someone accidentally and the principal gave her a talking down.

fuzzoo said...

The teacher didn't make a fuss altho' she did tell us that the boys parents are the difficult sort. We don't drop the girls off or pick them up same time as the boy's parents so no way we would bump into them fortunately and didn't hear them getting upset about it. I think it would be unreasonable to expect children not to hit others now and then; as much as we teach them that it is not right, the little ones particularly would resort to it at times. Surely the principal should know that!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Where did Sai Pi learn to punch like that?

fuzzoo said...

She must have picked up some tips observing her sisters at Taekwondo class