Monday, May 15, 2006

Munchkin

The first drawing Sai Pi created at the age of two, KK and I couldn't quite believe that it was hers although one of her sisters said it was. It was of a face complete with eyes, mouth and other features. It seemed too advanced for a child her age. I kept the drawing for a few days and then threw it away thinking that it couldn't have been drawn by her. Later she reproduced more of such drawings which was when I realised my mistake.

Since then, Sai Pi has moved on from head-only drawings to head plus body drawings. And now I see she is a Edvard Munch in the making. Look at her drawings. Don't they bear a strking resemblence to Edvard Munch's The Scream?




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Absolutely stunning!!!
Incredible drawing by a 2-year-old!!! I'm really lost for words (which as everyone knows is a very rare occasion).

Anonymous said...

Wow. Fantastic work of art by a 2-year-old. Must frame them up or keep them properly. I keep the good drawings done by the kids so I can see how they develop. Find a place for them, not in the bin though.

fuzzoo said...

Actually i find her drawings were quite scary but i thot it's quite good that she draws details such as eyebrows.

ZMM said...

Wow.. the drawings are cute!! Very good for her age!

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHH! It's too good to be real!! She's good and at her age too?!! The pix are a scream!

fuzzoo said...

Yes, the pix are a scream aren't they? Notice how the drawing of me has a big tummy... such eye for detail.

Anonymous said...

She drew that at 2??? That's amazing. My boy who is 3 can only draw circles, lines and dots! Hey, she's showing some potential in that area and can be encouraged to do better.

fuzzoo said...

sesame: actually those pics posted here were drawn by her when she just turned 3 but at 2 she was already drawing faces with facial features. my oldest one at that age was also only drawing circles and lines.

Anonymous said...

Aunty Wah asked who draw this picture before reading. Three aunties over here said Sai Pi is FANTASTIC!