Monday, October 31, 2005

Then again maybe not...

Last week, Tai Pi didn't do well in a maths paper from her BASC teacher. She said to me "I have bad news. I scored 67 upon 100. Are you angry with me?". Oh dear, seems she expects me to go ballistic whenever she doesn't do well. I have to get her to understand that I'm happy so long as she tries her best. But how could she have been trying her best and only scoring 67?! I hope it was only because she made careless mistakes. Let's hope that she is careful on the day of her maths exam.

And I think I confused her over the "more than", "less than" business. I had her do an assessment book last weekend and the "more than" "less than" statements were written in several different ways e.g. "____ less than 19 is 11" "15 is ___ less than 20". So the method I taught her earlier doesn't quite work in every case. So Pa was right. It really is a matter of understanding the English...

No comments: