Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy 1st Anniversary

Happy 1st anniversary to me. Actually I'm two days late so it's a belated anniversary. It's been one year and two days since I left my job to be a homeschooling mother. When I decided on this path, I was a little scared as I had been working full-time all these years and to suddenly stay home and what more, bear the responsibility for my children's education, seemed kinda crazy.

When I look back at my first year as a SAHM/homeschooling mother, I would say it is one of the best decisions I ever made in my life, choosing to spend this much time with the kids. No longer do I struggle with the work-family balancing act and I have gotten to know my children a lot better this past year. It's good to know that whatever problems there might be at home, you at least can devote the time and energies to resolve them instead of also having to worry about stuff at the office.

The fact that Tai Pi and Pumpkin are no longer in school has also made a whole lot of difference to family life. It's really a great change when you think about it. No work for me, no going to school for the girls. Now our lives really revolve around the family, and that's the way we like it!

"Meal" that Pumpkin prepared for me
in celebration of my 1st SAHM anniversary. Yum!

No comments: