Friday, January 30, 2009

Best Mummy

A friend once told me about a friend of hers who, realizing that she wasn't doing great either at her career or as a mother, decided to prioritize and left her job to focus on the family.  I could empathize with that because I too had that uncomfortable feeling that I wasn't doing myself justice.  Now that I'm a SAHM, I am more at peace but at the same I feel I don't have any more excuses - my kids are supposed to be better behaved, display good manners, be able to cope with academics, if not hey what has their stay-at-home mother been doing??  This is my full-time job now and I need to do it well because as I like to say to the girls - anything that is worth doing is worth doing your best.

So I was very pleased to receive a pat on my back from Sai Pi last week.

Sai Pi: "You are the best mummy I ever had in my life!"

Wah, another satisfied customer!  Of course I'm the only mummy she ever had but still I must be doing something right!

No comments: