Saturday, February 11, 2006

Five Million Dollar Dream

I had it all planned out. I would share my fortune with my family, donate generously to charity and keep the rest in the bank to generate income and then quit my job and become a volunteer charity worker (so noble hor). But alas, it was not to be...

I pooled with a colleague to buy $104 worth of Toto tickets hoping to win the Hong Pao Draw top prize of $10 million. We did all we could to make it happen, like getting a lion to dance in my colleague's office and believing with all our heart that it was our destiny to win. Wasn't there this thing about if you believe hard enough your dreams would come true? Well, whoever said that never bought Toto! So here I am, my millionaire dreams shattered - instead of being $5 million richer, I am now $52 poorer.... *sigh*

No comments: