Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Versatile fashion


I am very pleased with a couple of skirts we bought for Tai Pi and Pumpkin for the Chinese New Year. The girls love long skirts that they can twirl about in so we got them these long flared skirts from Zara. Later I realised that the skirts could also be worn as dresses which is great because each skirt cost more than $60 so I want to get as much mileage out of them as possible. And they come with elasticised waists and are so long the girls have to wear them above the waist which means they will be able to wear them for some years.... that is if they don't fall apart by then; already one half of the drawstring on one of the skirts came off and the elastic on the other is coming loose at some parts. Pity about the quality.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or perhaps they could wear one of your flared skirts? Just do a little alteration here and there. Looking at how big the skirts are on them, I won't be surprised you could even fit into them. Very soon, mummy can share clothes with her daughters and get extra mileage out of them. Isn't that the idea?

fuzzoo said...

I think the skirts are made in Portugal or Spain but I wouldn't be surprised if you can find similar stuff at Fairy Plaza. Yes, they are growing up and Pumpkin is catching up with Tai Pi.

No, it is impossible for me to fit into the skirts! It is supposed to be for 7-8 year olds. Yep, when they are in their teens, I imagine we could share clothes; so that will justify a huge wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

The girls look very pretty with the skirt dresses. I like them worn as dresses. Very versatile indeed.

Anonymous said...

The girls and their skirts/tube dresses/versatile fashionwear are gorgeous! I think they look great. It's bohemian chic and gypsy exotica all rolled into one. I wish I have girls...