Saturday, January 21, 2006

Little Miss Entrepreneur


I used to get them for free but now I have to buy them. While she was staying home with chicken pox, Tai Pi's thoughts somehow turned to making money and she rang me up at the office and told me she wanted to sell her drawings "downstairs" which means the condo grounds. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the people here wouldn't want to buy her drawings so I told her that maybe she should first sell them to Mummy and Daddy. When we got home, there it was - her gallery, with her drawings nicely laid out and their prices, 50 cents, 80 cents, $1 and even $5, clearly written. KK and I bought some of the cheaper drawings (there was no correlation between the aesthetic value and price of the drawings) and Tai Pi happily put her earnings away in her piggy bank. She even sold a drawing to the next door neighbour for $1. Here is what a typical Tai Pi art piece looks like. This one is a drawing of grandma cooking in the kitchen. This morning, the girls did some painting. Here are a couple of Sai Pi's paintings. I think they are pretty good for a two-year-old...might be able to sell for a dollar or two...

No comments: