Friday, October 08, 2010

Journey's end

"Before you know it, they will be sitting for the PSLE". I remember those exact words. It was close to the end of kindergarten for Tai Pi. I can still see it - Tai Pi and her classmate Zac playing in the field at the childcare centre without a care in the world. I watched them wistfully, knowing that Tai Pi would soon enter primary school and face the stress that comes with it.

Well Zac's mother was right. In the blink of an eye, Tai Pi is sitting for her PSLE and I am sitting on a bench at Wheelock Place waiting to pick her up when she's done.

After today she will have only the Science paper left and then the PSLE is over. We've come to the end of the "road to PSLE" which began with a struggle with "more than" and "less than" and will hopefully end with confirmation of a place at the School of the Arts.

Sitting on a bench at Wheelock Place and blogging on my iPad.
I love having time to myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I'll soon be there too. Blink of an eye. Scary.


Yvonne Chung