Friday, August 06, 2010

Moment of truth

"I got the letter! I got the letter!" Tai Pi screamed from the carpark. We had been waiting anxiously for the letter from the School of the Arts (SOTA) and it was finally here, the moment of truth was upon us.

Tai Pi was too nervous to open the letter so I did it. She had wanted to attend SOTA since she first heard about it some years back, and to think that we would finally know if she could or could not, does she or does she not have the talent..... it was too much; I felt faint. I slowly turned over the folded letter.... "CONFIRMED OFFER....". YES!!!!!! She made it!!!!!! Tai Pi and her sisters screamed with joy.

I can't remember the last time I felt such relief. All these years of worry, all these years of wondering if she has what it takes to get into SOTA. I knew she had the passion; that was obvious from a young age, but I couldn't judge if she had the talent. I did think she could draw very well, but so could many kids her age.

So now I can finally put my mind at ease. Tai Pi does have talent and I'm sure it will serve her well now and always.

Now to clear the next hurdle - PSLE here we come!

Tai Pi with the letter of acceptance from SOTA and part of the portfolio that earned her a place in the school. The canvas painting is her first attempt at painting on canvas. She made those clothes on the Barbie dolls. The toilet tube dolls at the bottom left were a hit with the panellists. The scrapbook at the bottom right shows a sample of Tai Pi's fashion drawings. The bangle she's wearing features a leaf-inspired motif designed by her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love d barbie doll clothes! And the drawings too.


Yvonne Chung

Unknown said...

Just came across your blog.. Congratulations!