Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Green Art

I would like to think I do what I can to help save the environment although I know there's more I could do.

Let's see how we're doing:

REDUCE
The stallholders at the wet market are familiar with KK and I by now - the couple with the Tupperware and their own plastic bags.

RECYCLE
Now and then we make a trip to the recycling bins at Marine Parade to dump our recyclable waste. The bins are always full; I wish they would clear them more frequently.

REUSE
This one is fun! Here's what we did with egg cartons, cereal boxes and soft drinks boxes this past couple of weeks:

Made from egg cartons - colourful caterpillar and a scene from The Story of Redhill (notice the boy lying at the top of the hill which is red with his blood)

Play slippers made using cereal boxes and soft drinks carton boxes. The pair at the bottom right also makes use of the mesh covering used to protect some fruits.


Sai Pi wearing her home-made play slippers

No comments: