Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mummy's little helper

I swear the best sales promoters in Singapore are found at Waterloo Street.  I'm talking about those promoters with microphones strapped on who tirelessly market anything from graters to miracle tonics.  I fell victim to these smooth operators and made a couple of purchases recently - a handheld sewing machine which I'm sure I will find handy some day, and a Shimono vacuum cleaner.

The latter is proving to be an excellent buy.  We have been using it everyday and sometimes even several times a day because it is so compact I keep it in a little box at one corner of the living room so it's really convenient to just whip it out whenever I feel the floor's getting too dusty.  And it comes with a strap so the vacuum cleaner can be carried about easily - genius! Now even Sai Pi can help with cleaning the floor.  Best $70 I spent!

No comments: