Sunday, March 22, 2009

Who made me?

I am well prepared to answer questions on the birds and the bees.  After all, I had bought and read to the girls "Where Did I Come From", a best seller by Peter Mayle.  My mum bought this same book when I was seven and it taught me everything a little girl needed to know about sex.

Then 10 minutes ago, Sai Pi asked me, "Who made me?"  

I replied, "Mummy and Daddy."

Sai Pi: "No I mean who made me?"

Me: "Mummy and Daddy.  Mummy's egg and Daddy's sperm come together and..."

Sai Pi: "No, I mean who made ALL of us?  Is it Jesus Christ?"  I see the church kindergarten she attends is having a bit of influence on her.

This is a difficult question for me to answer as I'm a free thinker although I started life as a Catholic.

Just then Tai Pi chips in with her answer - "God" and then proceeds to stuff her teddy bear under her dress and go into labour, wailing as she "pushed" the bear out.  That amuses and distracts Sai Pi enough for her to forget her question... for now.

No comments: