Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour

"You have 5 minutes to pack your bags!"  It was 8:25pm and I was rushing the girls to pack their taekwondo bags before the start of Earth Hour.

At 8:30pm we turned off all lights and the fan.  The girls spent a few minutes in the car park outside reading their magazines by the light of the lamp posts before I decided we should walk over to the supermarket and get the free pack of Sunshine buns we could exchange for with three Sunshine White Bread wrappers.

So we ended up at the mall where the girls ran about at the atrium and we did some grocery shopping, all in lighted, air-con comfort.  

We got home with ten minutes to go before the end of Earth Hour.  Tai Pi and Sai Pi sat at the doorstep reading by the light outside while Pumpkin rode around the car park on a skate scooter.

Somehow I feel we cheated this time round, seeking refuge at the mall, but it's a good start anyhow.

Reading in the car park

At the mall.  What Earth Hour?

2 comments:

household name said...

I must confess that I supported Earth Hour in spirit much more than I did in actuality...

BTW, I am a screaming banshee too... (with reference to a previous post you had). My friends and I occasionally discuss this. We all have this problem. It must have something to do with having school-age chidlren.

fuzzoo said...

Thanks, it's good to know I'm not the only one altho' for me I feel it's even more important to maintain my cool since I am their teacher, or do kids get yelled at by their teachers at school too i wonder.