Saturday, September 01, 2007

Tooth Fairy

Last year, Pumpkin told me that the mother of one of her friends, Kris, was the Tooth Fairy. Her friend had caught her mother taking her tooth from under the pillow and putting a coin in its place. Since then, everytime the girls drop a tooth, I would joke with them that Kris' mother would be coming by that night since she was the Tooth Fairy. Pumpkin would then explain to me "No, she is only Kris' Tooth Fairy. You are our Tooth Fairy," and I would feign ignorance and say "But you said that Kris' mother is the Tooth Fairy".

Well, I don't think I make a very good Tooth Fairy because I keep forgetting my Tooth Fairy duty till the next morning when I wake the girls up for school and get a disappointed "the Tooth Fairy didn't come last night". Then I would grab a dollar from my wallet and try to sneak it under the pillow. Better late than never.

Pumpkin kept the Tooth Fairy busy recently when her front teeth dropped off, one just before her birthday and one just after. She's looking so cute now with the missing front teeth.

No comments: