Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas fun

This has been the most stressful Christmas for me! Because of the unusually heavy workload (for this time of the year), I wasn't able to take leave on some days that I was supposed to be on leave and as a result had less time to do my Christmas shopping. And of course I just had to volunteer to bring a pinata to the Christmas party and so I spent Christmas Eve working on a pinata with the girls while KK wrapped the presents.

I am most pleased with my pinata making skills. We managed to make something that looked like a Christmas tree. But unfortunately, when it was whacked by the kids, it tore at the top end instead of the mid section or bottom end. But I'll work on that...

Anyway, yesterday's Christmas party with the usual gang was fun. The kids whacked at the pinata, played Twister (see picture of Tai Pi and the boys all twisted) and unwrapped their presents. Tai Pi was a little disappointed that she got clothes and more clothes. And poor Pumpkin developed fever during the party and missed out on the pinata fun as she was taking a nap. She asked about the pinata after she woke up and I had to break the news to her that she missed it. Poor thing.

And see Pumpkin's new hairdo. She wanted to have her hair short and so we had it cut on Christmas Eve. I was afraid she wouldn't look good with short hair but she still looks as adorable as ever!

No comments: