Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy New Year of the Pig!!!


Each Chinese New Year, we have fewer and fewer people to visit and this year, we hit a record low of only one visit on the first day of Chinese New Year, leaving us with plenty of time on our hands. So we went to the Asian Civilisation Museum. Unfortunately the girls didn't appreciate the museum very much, which was not surprising since it was not quite child-oriented so we didn't stay as long as I would have liked. The best part of the museum visit for the girls was sitting on the entrance steps of the museum and enjoying $1 ice cream bought from the street hawker - very good value I think, only $1 and they enjoy it maybe as much as those premium ice cream we treat ourselves to at the malls.

And earlier in the day, we enjoyed a ride in Uncle P's new Opel Combo. Such a very cute vehicle!!! Here's a photo of the girls in the comfortable sofa backseat. Happy Chinese New Year Everyone!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not at all surprized that the girls didn't appreciate the museum just as I did when I was their age. To the kids, the museum is a real bore!
Talking about ice-cream, I'm longing for some ice-cream maker to produce the kind of ice-cream I loved so much when I was a kid. The kind produced by individual pedlars such as ice-cream on a stick with red beans and a lot of coconut milk, and then there's the durian flavoured ice-cream scooped on a cone or bread sandwich, yammy yammy!!! I noticed some feeble attempts by some ice-cream manufacturers to produce those old favourites and I've tried them but sad to say, they tasted nothing like those we used to have as a kid. Perhaps some ice-cream producer may want to employ me to help them get the taste right for the old folks who are longing for those ancient ice-creams. Who knows, the new generation may love them too.

fuzzoo said...

I thought the ice cream sold by the hawkers nowadays taste like those ice cream of yesteryear or maybe I just don't remember how they tasted back then.